Is it hard to remember the birthdays of all your friends, family, and colleagues? Luckily, the Apple iPhone comes to rescue with an automated birthday reminder. It’s not an easy task to remember birthdays. You can use the Google Calendar to help you remember important birthdays and birthdays of your friends and family. Here’s the way to set it up:
- Notifications must be enabled for the Calendar app
- To turn this on, visit Settings > Notifications > Calendar and set the switch to “On” next to “Allow Notifications.”
- You’re going to have to get some birthdays defined in your Contacts app.
- Open Contacts, then tap a contact in the list, select “Edit” and then tap “Add Birthday.”
With all that settled down, that is how to turn on automatic calendar birthday reminders:
- Open Settings and then tap “Calendar.”
- Tap “Default Alert Times” in the “Calendar” settings.
- Default Alert times, choose the “Birthdays.”
- Upon on “Birthdays” screen, users can choose a time when Calendar will alert them to the coming birthdays.
- One can choose “On Event Day,” “1 day before,” “2 days before,” or “1 week before.”
- After that, please exit Settings. Once the appropriate alert time comes, Calendar will send you a birthday notification.
- Based on your notification settings, one can possibly see this alert on your lock screen or Notification Center as well as via pop-ups on your screen.