After the Nyan Cat, the famous ‘DEAL WITH IT’ meme graphic was also auctioned off as an NFT last week.
Another piece of meme history was just sold at auction. This time, the iconic ‘DEAL WITH IT’ glasses and text used in countless memes; and popularized as part of the visual “punchline” in Thug Life meme videos.
- Huawei Coming closer To Dethroning Samsung in Market Share
- Eaton Towers in $350m expansion scheme
- Airtel Kenya resolves outages affecting the Airtel Money and Utility Apps.
- LinkedIn to pay $6m to 359 workers in settlement
- 5 Million Google Account Passwords Hacked
- Acacia Innovations’ Kuni Safi is a cheap and clean alternative to wood fuels
In 2010, Ryder Ripps created the DEAL WITH IT meme and gave users of dump.fm access to a Photoshop template that they could use. The rest… is history. The graphic used billions of times across the internet is one of the most recognizable images of internet culture in the last 10 years.
Now, it’s been auctioned off as an NFT on Crypto art platform Foundation, for 15.00 ETH (around $22,000).That’s not even close to the Nyan Cat GIF’s 300 ETH selling price, but pretty decent nonetheless. The auction ended on Thursday, and the item sold with full rights to the image and meme, together with “the Photoshop template used to create it.”
If you’re not too sure what NFTs are, you can read, What’s an ‘NFT’ and Why You Should Know About It
- LG Is Releasing A Wearable Air Purifier Mask
- Why is Huawei one of the most Popular Brands?
- Jumia Nigeria Launches Fathers’ Day Store
- Growing Pains – Managing Your Business’ Finances During Expansion
- Meet Lorna Rutto The Eco-Preneur Who Turns Plastic Waste To Fencing Posts
- Lumia 830 & 730 Smartphones Launched in Kenya