Instagram also has a large number of influencers with a large number of followers. And, with the right strategy, you, too, can become a powerful brand. To stay relevant to current followers while also attracting new ones, you must post the right kind of content.
Here are ten effective Instagram marketing tips (that work) to help you milk the popular platform for all it’s worth:
Setting up an Instagram business account
- Install the Instagram app.
- Launch the app.
- On iOS, select Create New Account or Sign Up With Email or Phone Number (on Android).
- Tap Next after entering your email address or phone number.
- Make a username and a password for yourself.
- Fill out your profile information (more on this in Tip 4) and then click Next.
- Navigate to your profile and tap the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
- Then, select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to a professional account by tapping the Switch to professional account button.
- Tap Business and then follow the on-screen instructions.
You can’t afford to ignore these Instagram marketing tips for businesses.
Make use of a business account
A business account grants you access to features that a personal account does not, such as:
- Instagram Insights
- Instagram ads
- Instagram Shopping
- Primary and secondary messaging inboxes
- On your profile, including contact information and a call-to-action button.
Define your objectives clearly.
Every social media platform is a tool. But you won’t be able to use those tools effectively unless you know what you’re trying to build. You might want to mix and match a few different outcomes. But you’re unlikely to get there unless you know where you want your Instagram strategy to take you.
Understand your target market.
When considering how to market on Instagram, a little preliminary research can help you figure out who you can best reach. You must define your target market to create content that is relevant to that audience. This will also be important when it comes to selecting targeting options for your Instagram ads.
Optimize your profile
In only 150 characters, your Instagram bio must make a good first impression, convey your brand personality, and explain why people should bother following your Instagram account.
You also get a few more fields on your Instagram profile to showcase your brand and make it easier for people to find you. These are some examples:
- Your name has 30 characters and is included in the search.
- Your handle is also known as your username. Up to 30 characters are allowed in the search.
- Your web address is A clickable URL that you can change whenever you want.
- Category: A business feature that tells people what you’re all about without taking up too many bio characters.
- Contact information: Inform people where they can find you.
- Give Instagrammers a way to interact with you by using call-to-action buttons.
Select the best profile photo.
For the majority of businesses, your Instagram profile photo should be your logo. This adds credibility and allows visitors to see who you are at a glance. You should upload a file that large to ensure that it will still look good if Instagram changes the way profile photos are displayed.
Create visually appealing content
Because Instagram is a visual medium, your posts must be visually appealing. You don’t need professional photography equipment, but your photos and videos should be sharp, well-lit, well-composed, and in focus.
Are you stumped as to what to post? Here are a few suggestions:
- Behind-the-scenes posts: Show your followers your office, storefront, or manufacturing process.
- Text-based images and quotes: Play with text to create visually appealing content without the need for photos.
- Regrams and UGC: By definition, user-generated content is authentic and compelling.
- Teaching followers how to accomplish a goal is about as compelling as it gets.
- Videos: The maximum length for an Instagram video post is 60 seconds, but you can go much longer with IGTV.
- Some Reels.
Remember that compelling content can help you expand your reach if people are inspired to share your newsfeed posts to their Stories. So, when considering how to market your business on Instagram, focus on creating content that is worthy of a share rather than just a quick like.
Create your brand’s “look” on Instagram.
Once you’ve decided what kind of content to publish, you must decide how it will look. Color influences purchasing decisions and brand recognition. Your Instagram aesthetic should be consistent across posts, allowing followers to easily identify your content in their feeds.
The photos should all have the same color scheme, look, and feel.
Using Lightroom presets is an easy way to achieve this level of consistency.
Create excellent captions.
Instagram is a visual medium, as previously stated. But that doesn’t mean you should ignore your captions. Your brand’s voice is just as important as its appearance. It should be consistent across posts, just like your visuals.
Your caption should be relevant, entertaining or informative, compelling, and consistent with your brand.
Create an Instagram Shop
This feature, which is not available for personal accounts, allows you to create your own Instagram online store.
Play around with Instagram Reels.
On the Explore page, there is a new tab called Reels. Instagram’s answer to TikTok is these multi-cut videos. But they’re not just for dance competitions. Reels are being used by brands to help them stand out from the crowd.
Post at the appropriate times.
The best times to post for each industry studied are as follows:
- Travel and tourism: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday.
- Media and entertainment: 12 to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Friday, noon, food and beverage
- Retail hours are noon on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Professional services are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 9 or 10 a.m.
- Non-profit: Tuesday, 10 a.m. or 4 p.m.
- Non-retail e-commerce: Thursday, 4 or 9 p.m.
- Pharma and healthcare: 9 a.m. on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Personal care: 1 p.m., 2 p.m., or 3 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Technology: 2 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Education: Thursday, 4 or 5 p.m.
Make good use of hashtags.
Hashtags are an important tool for increasing your visibility and discoverability.
It is recommended a maximum of five to nine hashtags per post. More than that may appear to be hashtag stuffing, a spammy tactic that turns off followers. Worse, if you use irrelevant or repetitive hashtags, users may opt-out of seeing your content for that tag.
If you want to get engagement on Instagram, you must engage as well. Posting high-quality content is great, but ignoring comments and never interacting with other profiles will lead to a lonely existence on the network.
If you are tagged in a post, go check it out and look for ways to engage. You can repost their post in your feed or on your Instagram story.
Pinning comments from top fans, or simply comments that are likely to spark conversations, are a great way to increase engagement on your posts.
Utilize Instagram Stories to its full potential.
Instagram Stories are used by half of all businesses. And they’re getting great results: businesses account for one-third of the most viewed Stories. Stories are an important component of an effective Instagram marketing strategy.
The best ways to use Instagram Stories for business:
Narrate a story: Even in this in-the-moment format, keep a message in mind.
Consider this: Use a series of short “scenes” to convey your message in the first three seconds.
Give something of value: Provide viewers with useful information or a link to useful resources.
Use a call to action: Don’t rely on Instagram’s small “swipe up” overlays for outside links. Use text to persuade followers to swipe.
Maintain a consistent brand identity: Your Instagram Stories, like your Instagram feed, should reflect your brand’s voice and aesthetic.
Use the highlights and covers from Stories to boost your bio.
You can save your favorite Stories content in highlight albums so it doesn’t disappear after 24 hours. Your highlight albums are displayed directly beneath your bio, and you can create custom covers for each.
Put the Gift Card sticker and button to the test.
Digital gift cards can now be sold directly from your Instagram Story or profile. This is an excellent way to connect with fans and gain their support during difficult times.
A gift card button can be added in the same way that any other call-to-action button can:
Tap Edit Profile
Under Public Business Information, tap Action Buttons
Choose Gift Cards from the drop-down menu.
Build anticipation for a product launch with the Countdown sticker
Another interactive sticker for Stories can be used to build anticipation for a product launch or special event. The countdown sticker alerts your biggest fans to mark their calendars when you have something new to offer.
We recommend the following methods for using Instagram Live effectively:
- Use the “Add a Guest” option to go live with an industry expert or influencer.
- Provide a live behind-the-scenes look at the production. examine a situation
- Organize a workshop or distribute a tutorial
- Interview a team member in a Q&A session.
- Talk to a client or a customer.
Consider forming an influencer partnership.
Working with an influencer can help you establish credibility while also exposing your brand to a new audience. According to a CivicScience survey, nearly half of daily Instagram users have purchased as a result of an influencer recommendation.
Instagram ads can help you reach a larger audience.
you can use to target your advertisements based on:
- State, province, city, country, and so on.
- Age, gender, and language are examples of demographics.
- Interests: These include other accounts that people follow, apps that they use, and advertisements that they click.
- Both on and off Instagram, there are certain behaviors that you should be aware of.