One of the most inconvenient aspects of the Netflix user experience is having to scroll through everything just to find the most recent shows added to the library. No longer, as Netflix has added a Coming Soon section, which highlights the shows and movies that will be available in the coming weeks and allows you to set reminders so you don’t miss anything you wanted to watch.
Will have a look at how you can use this feature to stay up to date on new TV shows and movies.
The following instructions for tracking upcoming shows are for mobile, web, and TV.
- Launch the Netflix app and navigate to the ‘Coming Soon’ section in the bottom navigation bar.
- You can browse all of the upcoming content from this page. If you find something that piques your interest, you can set a reminder by clicking the ‘Remind Me’ button. When the show is released, it will appear on your watchlist as well.
- Open Netflix’s official web player and look for a ‘New & Popular’ option in the top bar.
- You can now look at what’s new, what’s coming up this week, and what’s coming up next week. If you come across an intriguing Netflix TV Show or movie, you can click on the bell icon to be notified when it becomes available to watch.
- Open the app on your TV and navigate to the left-hand menu. Look for the option titled ‘New & Popular’ in the side menu and select it.
- From here, you can now scroll down to see upcoming Netflix TV shows and set reminders for your favorites.
There are a few options if you’re looking for a third-party solution to stay up to date on what’s coming to the streaming platform shortly.
If you prefer a web-based tool, you can use Letterboxd’s upcoming movie tracker.
Those looking for a mobile app should look into the upcoming section of the Hobi app (free with in-app purchases), which is available on both Android and iOS.