Customers of Safaricom will receive free daily data as part of a new promotion to encourage them to ‘take their hobbies online.’
This is the first time the carrier has offered such a plan, and while its features are limited, the promotion as a whole has noble objectives.
Here are some of the key aspects of the campaign to keep in mind:
- The size of the free bundles will be limited to 200 MB.
- Free data is distributed based on bundle usage habits, which are unique to each subscriber.
- The bundle is only available for one hour. We’re not sure if other customers’ experiences are different, but that time frame appears to be normal.
To get to the package, follow these steps:
- On your dialer, hit the data code *544#
- Choose option 1, which has a FREE data description text.
- You will then receive your free bundle.
Make sure you use the data within the allotted time frame; else, it will be useless. It’s also worth noting that once you’ve used up your daily allowance, the FREE option is no longer available.
Smartphones and the internet have become indispensable in our daily lives, empowering us in a variety of ways by expanding our horizons. The 90-day free data initiative aims to ensure that no customer is left behind by allowing all of our customers to access the internet for free – Safaricom’s CEO, Peter Ndegwa.