During the Zoom conference, you might want to share a video file or a YouTube video with other attendees. However, many people may find it challenging and perplexing. Thankfully, it’s a simple process that anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Zoom can do. This article will show you how to share video files or YouTube movies in Zoom meetings in three simple methods.
In Zoom Meetings on PC and Phone, you can share video files or YouTube videos.
In a Zoom meeting, you can share a video in a variety of ways. If it’s a YouTube video, you can either share the URL or use Screen Share to stream the video in the meeting. If you have an offline video file, you can share the screen or transfer the movie directly into the conference. The three ways are described below.
Share Video Using Screen Share
Share or Stream a Video from Your Computer
- Join a meeting using the Zoom app on your desktop.
- During the meeting, go to the bottom of the screen and select Share Screen.
- Select Advanced from one top to share or stream video from your PC.
- Tap Share after selecting Video and checking the Sound box in the bottom corner.
- Install the plugin if prompted to.
- Now, select the video file from your computer to begin sharing it in the meeting.
That’s it. Zoom will now start streaming the video in the meeting.
Onboard controls can be used to play, pause, and seek to a specific place. At any point, you can silence the video completely. Hovering your mouse over the top of the screen will reveal more meeting controls.
Share a Video from YouTube
- Check to see if you’re in the Basic tab.
- Select the browser tab that contains your YouTube video from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the Basic tab is selected.
- Choose the tab in which your YouTube video is playing.
- Also, make sure the Share sound box in the bottom left is checked.
- Now you can share the YouTube video with others in the Zoom meeting by playing it.
- Join the meeting using the Zoom app on your phone.
- Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen during the meeting.
- Choose Screen from the list of choices.
- When requested, grant Zoom access to display and record over the screen.
- Now launch the YouTube app and start watching the video you wish to share.
- Make the movie full-screen by enabling Share Audio from the floating toolbar.
In a meeting, send a video file
- During a meeting, go to the bottom of the page and click Chat.
- Select who you want to send the video to from the three-dot menu.
- Select Your Computer from the File menu in the bottom right corner. You may also share videos from Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud storage services.
- Finally, select the video from your drive and tap Open.
- Zoom will deliver the video file to the meeting’s targeted participants through chat.
- Other participants will be able to download and watch the movie on their own devices now.
Zoom’s mobile app does not appear to provide file sharing over chat. Instead, you can use systems like Google Drive or Dropbox to upload and distribute the movie.
In Zoom Chat, provide a YouTube video link.
- Copy the link from the YouTube video.
- Open the Zoom video call that is currently in progress.
- At the bottom of the page, tap the Chat button.
- Copy the video URL and send it to the other participants.
- Copy the YouTube video link you want to share.
- During a meeting, go to the bottom right and click the More button.
- Choose Chat from the list of choices.
- Copy the video URL and distribute it to the rest of the attendees.
During a Zoom meeting, there are three ways to share video files or YouTube movies with others. You can use whichever technique is most convenient for you.