Apple Music for Artists has launched a new iOS feature called Shareable Milestones. Artists will be able to share major milestones and successes with their followers on social media directly from the Apple Music for Artists app, thanks to the new feature.
Given how much musicians enjoy sharing important moments from their careers with their fans and thanking them for their support, Shareable Milestones makes it simple for them to do so.
New highs and all-time bests in Plays and Shazams, as well as inclusion in Apple Music’s editorially curated playlists, are highlighted in milestones.
How it works:
Images commemorating the artist’s achievements will appear on the artist’s iOS overview page, and users will be able to see relevant milestones on the Song and Country detail pages. Artists can then press the share icon on any milestone image to launch the iOS share sheet and choose which social media site to share to.
Users will be able to share their stories on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as via email and text messages.
Every musician on Apple Music has access to Apple Music for Artists. On the Apple artist’s website, artists can register and claim their accounts.
Artist provides a degree of detail beyond what is already available when signing up, including
- All iTunes stream plays, as well as single and album sales, are available.
- Everything is broken down into song, album, playlist, location, fan demographics, and other categories.
- Visibility into which Apple Music or curator playlists are driving the most music streams, how those trends evolve, and the demographics of the people who are most receptive to their music.
- Insights into where their fanbase is expanding, as well as the ability to track streams and sales in over 100 countries down to the city level. This allows for easy tour planning, customized setlists for fans in each city, regional promotions, and the discovery of new areas of popularity around the world.
- Top Shazam data, including the most Shazamed cities and nations, as well as the average number of daily music listeners. Listeners can be viewed by country, city, or song daily.
- Plays from Playlists have been updated to include specific information on the playlists and the artists’ songs, as well as where those songs are located in the playlists. They’ll also be able to check which nations your music is on the playlist.
- Views and performance metrics for music videos.