If you use Google News, personalizing your feed so that you see more relevant content may be worthwhile. Here’s how to go about it.
Google News is a useful tool for staying up to date on international events and getting all of your news in one location. On Google News, you may get news from the most reliable and trustworthy sources.
However, there are likely to be many stories in your Google News feed that you are uninterested in or that are irrelevant to you. You miss out on what is most essential to you because irrelevant news takes up your screen. I’ll show you how to customize your Google News feed to receive better content in this article.
Personalizing Your Google News For Your Interests
You have no control over the news that displays in your Google News feed because it is mainly reliant on your surfing history. You can, on the other hand, deliberately eliminate or request more particular topics or sources. You can follow interests and subjects about which you wish to learn more, making your newsfeed more relevant.
Google allows you to choose which news or items you want to see so that you may stay up to date on issues that interest you. After customizing Google News, you’ll rarely miss highlights from your favorite sport or the start of a new season of your favorite TV show.
You can select what you wish to view, follow or unfollow specific topics, and receive news from any region in your native language. You can even choose which Google activity to save for personalized news.
How to Change Your Google News Language and Region on a Desktop
- After you’ve entered into your account and opened Google News in your browser, you’ll notice a hamburger icon in the top-left corner of your screen; this is the Main Menu.
- When you select the Main Menu, you will be presented with a variety of options. To change the language and region, scroll down and click Language & Region.
- After you’ve logged into your Google News account and started the app, go to the top-right corner of your screen and tap your profile image. After that, you may change the Language and Regions of Interest by clicking on News Settings.
- Now that you’ve chosen your preferred language and region for receiving news, it’s time to explore your passions. This step is critical if you want to customize your news to your preferences and eliminate unrelated news interests.
How to Use Google News On Your Desktop to Follow Your Interests
- Type the topic, place, event, or news publication in the search box at the top of the screen. Then, in the top-right of your screen, click the Follow icon.
- Another method to customize Google News to your preferences is to ask Google to show more of a specific sort of news or to hide it entirely.
- To instruct Google to do so, navigate to the For You section of the Main Menu and select any News item. Next to each other, you’ll see Save for Later, Share, and More buttons. Click More, then Like or Dislike to view more similar news, or to remove such content from your feed.
On a mobile device,
- On a mobile device, search for a topic, place, event, or news publication in the Google News app’s search box, then tap the Star icon in the top-right corner to follow that topic.
- To see more similar content, go to For You on the Google News app’s homepage and tap the More icon. To stop seeing such news, tap Dislike.
- As previously stated, Google News suggests news based on your web activity and browser history. You’ll be searching for irrelevant topics a lot during the day, so you don’t want to see news about that.
- You can opt-out of Google saving your Web and App Activity by telling them not to. If Google stops saving your activity, it won’t be able to make recommendations based on it.
The Best Place to Find News Is Google News
Google has an advanced system that offers you correct answers to your search queries in the vast majority of cases. On top of that, the search engine will offer you stuff that is legitimate and relevant to your search query.
Google’s algorithms are constantly improving to provide a better user experience. Google, on the other hand, is not a media outlet and gathers information from a variety of sources. As a result, customizing Google News to your preferences is a great way to find more news that are relevant to you.