It is not an overstatement to say that there is no perfect note-taking app. Unless you require the type of segregation provided by specific third-party services, you will find that applications such as Gmail, WhatsApp, Facebook, Signal, and Pinterest can meet your note-taking needs.
So, whether you want to reduce your reliance on Google Keep and Apple Notes or simply optimize your favorite Social Media apps to become more productive, there are effective ways to do so. So, here’s everything you need to know about using social media platforms, messaging apps, and email apps to take notes for you.
What is the best way to take notes on Facebook?
Until October 2020, Facebook had a separate section for notes where you could jot down whatever you needed. However, things have changed since then, and while this feature has been removed, there are workarounds available. Here’s how to make a note on Facebook.
- Log in to your Facebook account using your preferred browser.
- You’ll be taken to the News Feed section once you’ve done so.
- Now, in the create post section, type the note that you want. Remember that you can also include an image or other type of content in the note.
- Your post’s audience will be set to Public; this setting should be changed to Only Me.
- Select the Only Me option by clicking the dropdown arrow.
- Once the post has been created, click the Post button.
- Once the post is live (only for you), it will appear in your News Feed, along with a horizontal three-dot menu in the top right corner of the screen. Navigate to the three-dot menu.
- Click the first option in the menu, i.e Save Post.
- An additional Save To window will appear, prompting you to select the collection to which the post should be saved. At the bottom of the window, there will be a text box with the option to create a new collection. Enter a name for the note collection and press the Create button.
- After creating the collection, return to the Save Post option from the three-dot menu by clicking it.
- Now, click the newly created collection, and then click Done.
- The post has effectively been converted into a note, which you can now access via the Collection.
How to Get to Your Facebook Notes
All of your notes can be found in Facebook’s Saved section, specifically in the Collection that you created.
- The Saved section of your Facebook Feed can be found in the left panel. Select the Saved section.
- Once in the Saved section, navigate to the My Collections collection where you saved the note and click it.
- All of the notes you’ve saved will be available in the Collection.
What is the best way to take notes on a Facebook page?
Note: You need to be an admin of a Facebook page for this.
- Navigate to the page you’re in charge of. Navigate to the Publishing Tools section from the page’s left menu panel.
- When you’re in Publishing Tools, a separate menu panel will appear on the left. Select Drafts from the Post section of this panel.
- Now, in the top-right corner of the screen, click the Create button.
- The note has been saved in your Draft section.
What is the best way to take notes on Instagram?
You cannot take textual notes on Instagram; however, you can keep a collection of Instagram posts that you want to view later or use as a visual note for any of your content projects. This is how it’s done.
- Open your phone’s Instagram app and scroll to the post you want to save.
- On the right, you’ll notice an icon next to the image of the post. It should be tapped.
- The post has now been saved, according to Instagram. In addition, a new Save to Collection link will appear in the band. Select the Save to collection option.
- Create a collection in which you can curate the posts for future reference. Tap the plus (+) icon on the right side of the additional window.
- In the designated text box, enter the name of the collection to which you want to save the post. The post has been added to your collection.
- The reference to the post has now been saved.
How to Get to Your Instagram Notes
- Navigate to your Instagram profile and tap the hamburger menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Saved option from the menu.
- Your saved posts will be found in the collection.
How to Take Twitter Notes
There is a method for taking notes that can be used. You can create a Tweet Draft, similar to Facebook, that you can access/copy-paste later. This is how it works.
- In the bottom-left corner of the screen, click the compose icon.
- After you’ve finished writing your note, click the close (x) button in the top-left corner of the tweet. Remember that you can also include images or other types of content that would normally be included in a Tweet.
- An additional dialog box will appear, and Twitter will ask if you want to save this Tweet along with other unsaved Tweets. To ensure that your Tweet is saved as a draft, click the Save button.
How to Get to Your Twitter Notes
- Close the original Tweet after saving the unpublished Tweet and click the Compose button again.
- Click on the Unsent Tweets link in the top-right corner of the Compose Textbox.
- By clicking the Tweet, you can select the Tweet/Note from the Drafts section.
The tweet will return to the Compose stage, where you can either copy/paste it or fine-tune it before tweeting it.
The Signal App includes a Note To Self feature, and WhatsApp can be used to form a group with oneself. These Social Media apps can be used to take notes using these methods.
How to Take Notes Using the Signal App
The Signal App includes a useful Note to Self feature that allows users to send notes to themselves. We’ve gone over everything you need to know about taking notes on the Signal app.
On the phone
- Check to see if you have the Signal App installed on your phone. After you’ve downloaded the app, launch it on your phone.
- The pencil icon is located at the top of the screen on iPhones, and the bottom-right of the screen on Android devices. Select this icon.
- The search bar will appear at the top of the page. Enter ‘Note to Self’ here, and your phone number will appear alongside the name of Note to Self. Note to self: Tap the contact.
- The chat will now open in the same format as a chat with another Signal contact. In the text box, you can type any notes, upload documents, or even record voice notes.
On the computer
- Launch the Signal app from your computer’s Start menu. In the search bar, type Signal, and then click open when the option appears.
- Now, in the search bar, type Note to Self until the contact appears in your Search list.
- Notes to Self allows you to add notes from the text box and even upload documents.
- That’s all there is to it.