When it comes to the best WhatsApp alternatives, Signal Private Messenger and Telegram appear to be the best options. These instant messaging apps provide similar functionality but are more secure. When it comes to Signal, the app allows you to exchange text messages while also providing all security and privacy features.
It also has many WhatsApp-like features, such as the dark mode, the ability to unsend messages, delete messages, and so on. When it comes to the Unsend message feature, most instant messaging apps have it. It allows you to delete messages that you have sent to the wrong chat by mistake.
Steps to Delete or Unsend Messages in Signal
When it comes to Signal Private Messenger, there are two options for deleting any selected message: Delete for Me and Delete for Everyone. The message is deleted from both ends when you use the Delete for Everyone option. Similarly, when you select Delete for me, the message is removed from your chat but not from the recipient’s.
This article will walk you through the process of deleting or unsending messages in Signal Private Messenger for Android. So, let’s go check it out.
- To begin, launch the Signal app on your Android smartphone.
- Now, open the chat where you want to delete the messages. Then, long press the message you want to delete and then tap the bin icon.
- If you only want to delete the message from your chat, choose ‘Delete for Me.’
- If you want to delete the messages from both ends, choose the ‘Delete For Everyone’ option.
- Once you’ve made your selection, you’ll see a confirmation pop-up. To remove the message from both ends, simply tap on the ‘Delete for everyone’ button again.
- The recipient will not be able to see the deleted message, but they will be aware that you have deleted one. On a chatbox, the deleted message would look like this.
That’s all! You have completed your task. In Signal Private Messenger, you can delete or unsend messages in this manner.
This guide will show you how to delete or unsend messages in Signal Private Messenger.