Gmail is well-known for email, but did you know that you can also use it to send voice messages? You can send voice messages through Gmail in the same way that you would send a text-based email.
As recipients can hear your voice messages, play them back, download them, or forward them, this is a great way to personalize your emails and increase engagement.
How do I send voice messages through Gmail on a Windows PC?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and search for Voice Recorder for Windows 10 or Sound Recorder for Windows 7 and 8.1.
- To begin recording, launch the app and press the microphone button.
- To stop the recording, click the Stop button, and the voice recording will be saved to your computer’s documents folder. You can rename it by right-clicking on it and entering a new title.
- To create a new email, go to your Gmail account and click Compose.
- Fill in your recipient’s email address, write a text, and submit the letter’s subject. Then, to attach files, click the clip icon and drag and drop your audio recording.
- Finally, click Send to send your email containing a voice message.
How do I send voice messages through Gmail on a Mac?
- Go to the Voice Memos app on your Mac and select Record (big red circle) to record an audio message using the built-in microphone.
- When you’re finished, press the Pause (two vertical lines) and Done buttons.
- Simply click on the New Recording button to rename your recording.
- Finally, you can share your recording by clicking the upward-facing arrow in the top right and selecting Mail if your Gmail account is configured in the Mail app, or More to download the audio message and manually send it as an attachment as described above.
How do I send voice messages from my iPhone to Gmail?
If you have an iPhone and want to attach a voice message to an email, the procedure is similar to that described above for a Mac computer.
- Launch the Voice Memos app.
- Make an audio recording.
- Tap Share and then select the Mail app (or Gmail app if you have one).
- After you’ve finished writing your email, press the Send button.
On Android, how do you send voice messages using Gmail?
- Start the recording by opening the built-in Recorder app.
- When it’s finished, go to the Menu (three dots) and select Share, then go to the Mail app and compose your email.
- Finally, press the Send button, and your voice memo will be attached to it.