Kenyans have reacted to the new huduma number cards and it’s all you need to read today.
In case you did not collect your Huduma Namba card you may be left out in this new development that is to begin from December 12th 2021. Your ID will no longer be in use from then on but instead you will be expected to use your Huduma Namba card instead. These new cards will be given from December 1st and should be in full effect a year from now.
The difference between a Huduma Namba and Identification cards.
The National ID card is issued to citizens upon attainment of 18 years of age whereas the Huduma Namba will be issued at birth for citizens or upon naturalization or approval to reside in Kenya for foreigners.
Here are some reactions from KOT:
1.Daniella Johnson doesn’t seem to trust the process and described it as “sinister”.
2. Khasimwa’s concern is the inconvenience of the new process.
3. Other’s were questioning why the driving licence can’t be on the card.
4. Junior was asking why the card has master card properties.
5. The card will basically have an expiration date and we don’t understand why.
6. But not everyone as unhappy with the new card.
The only thing we can do is wait and see how everything will pun out.