After WhatsApp’s privacy controversy, a lot of people are moving to Telegram. One need to give his/her phone number to sign up for Telegram. This is how Telegram authenticates your identity. you don’t need to use your phone number to use Telegram. There may well be a number of reasons for hiding the number on Telegram, but whatever the case may be, these steps will surely work for you.
Hiding the phone number on telegram
Here are the steps you need to do that:
- Open the Telegram app to your Android smartphone
- From the top left corner, tap the three-line menu icon.
- From the menu, tap ‘Settings’
- On the Settings page, tap the ‘Privacy and Security’ option.
- Tap the phone number
- Click My Contacts (your contacts will see your phone number) or No one (no one will see your phone number)
- When you’ve finished, click the checkmark located in the upper corner to save your settings.
Hiding your phone number on your Telegram account makes it so much more secure. It’s perfect for people who like to use social media networks anonymously, without much notice.