Twitter’s fleets are one of the more recent features that were introduced last year. The feature operates like Snapchat and Instagram Stories. Fleets vanish within 24 hours, leaving no trace of their existence.
- Begin by tapping your profile image to create a new Fleet.
- Select the Fleet to compose icon (plus sign).
- Create your message (it can be comprised of text, photos, a GIF, or video).
Adding media to your Fleet with the text editor:
- To bring up the keyboard and toolbar, tap the screen.
- Tap the Align button to the centre, left, or right to align the text.
- Tap the B button to make the text bold.
- Select the Highlight button to highlight your text.
- The colour wheel will change the colour of the text and the highlight colour; tap the colour wheel icon to change the text.
- To resize or move the text, image, or emoji, pinch with two fingers and move or resize the media.
- To change the background colour of your Fleet, tap the circle icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Fleets, unlike Tweets, cannot be reshared or retweeted. Users can only respond and send direct messages, and none of this information is available/visible to the public.