The license renewal is paid for with available mobile money services; a three-year license cost Sh1400 plus an Sh50 convenience fee. A one-year license, on the other hand, will set one back Sh. 600 plus an Sh. 50 convenience fee. After submitting a successful application, the applicant can print their renewal slip.
How to Renew a Driving License in Kenya Online Using eCitizen and M-PESA?
Follow these steps to renew your NTSA driving license in Kenya.
- Access the eCitizen website. To gain access to the online portal, you will need to enter your email address or National ID Number and password. If this is your first-time logging in, you will need to create or sign up for an account.
- After logging in, go to the National Transport and Safety Authority tab to renew your driver’s license.
- Then select driving licenses and click on the submit application button.
- You have the option of renewing your driver’s license for one year or three years.
- It is essential to double-check the application details. The one-year driving license renewal will cost you KES 600, while a three-year driving license renewal will cost you KES 1,400 plus a KES 50 convenience fee.
- After you have confirmed the application details based on your choice of driving license renewal period, you must double-check the information you have provided for accuracy and ensure that you have entered all required information.
- After you have reviewed the details and are satisfied that the information you have provided is correct, click submit.
- You must select a payment method for your driver’s license renewal. It is important to note that you can renew your driver’s license using mobile money services such as M-Pesa.
- You will be able to print the NTSA renewal driving license slip once you have paid and submitted a successful application.