The NTSA (National Transport and Safety Authority) has mandated the use of a Third License Sticker for newly registered vehicles, both new and used.
The Third License Sticker is a security feature that will include information such as:
- Motor vehicles registration
- The chassis number
- Car make and model
- Registration number of a car
The main goals of introducing the third license plate for motor vehicles, according to the National Transport Safety Authority Kenya, are to reduce road offenses, interchanging of number plates, and crimes related to the use of motor vehicles.
It has provided the NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal as part of its vision of a sustainable and safe road transportation system with zero crashes.
The sticker will cost Ksh. 700 words. The sticker application will be available on the NTSA TIMS website.
The NTSA has indicated that they will share details on how already registered vehicles will receive the sticker in due course.
How to Register for a Third Licence Using Your NTSA TIMS Account
The following are the simple steps for obtaining an NTSA sticker:
- Log in to your NTSA TIMS self-service portal account.
- Click “new car booking” and fill out the form as directed.
- Make a payment of KES 1750 using your preferred payment method as follows: KES 1000 for the inspection fee, KES 700 for the third license fee, and KES 50 for the convenience charge.
- After making your payment, click the ‘complete’ button; a receipt will be generated immediately, and you must print it as proof of payment.
- Select your preferred station, time, and inspection date before proceeding to the booking tab for the inspection process.
- Confirm and then submit the provided information.
- Print the generic booking slip for future use and inspection.
Following the vehicle inspection and testing, the NTSA sticker verification will be issued after the application process is completed.