Android users who enjoy customizing their devices should be aware that they can easily sync their phone’s Contacts with the device’s designated Gmail account.
This method allows you to keep your phone, Google+ contacts, and other profiles synced with your Gmail account, the one you use to access the Google Play Store, and all other Google services.
Before proceeding with the tutorial, ensure that your Contacts are linked to your Gmail account.
- Open Contacts.
- Select the Menu/Settings option.
- Choose ‘Merge with Google,’ then confirm the action. If you have multiple Gmail accounts, choose the one you want to use as the default to host your contacts.
- A pop-up message will notify you when everything has been successfully merged.
To sync your contacts with your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Check that Gmail is installed on your device.
- Open the App Drawer and navigate to Settings, then Accounts and Sync.
- Allow the Accounts and syncing service to run.
- Choose your Gmail account from the list of e-mail accounts to configure.
- Check that the ‘Sync Contacts’ option is turned on.
- Wait until all of your phone contacts have been successfully synchronized with your gmail account before pressing the ‘Sync now’ button.
- Now, open Gmail in your web browser and click the Gmail text link in the upper left corner of your Gmail profile.
- Select Contacts, and you should see a page containing all of the contacts from your Android smartphone.
That should do it.