- Go to the nearest licensed vehicle testing station with the required documents: export certificates, registration documents, de-registration documents, regulatory periodic inspection documents, auction sheets, etc. The vehicle must be less than 8 years from the year of first registration. The difference between the year of manufacture and the year of first registration shall be not more than one year.
- When determining the road worthiness certificate, the vehicle’s registration certificate should be presented for inspection.
- Only when a car has passed inspection by a certified vehicle tester working out of a designated garage or service station can a vehicle be granted a Certificate of Road Worthiness. Only once a car passes the inspection is a certificate given.This inspection’s goal is to protect imported car owners’ health from radioactive pollution.
- There could be radioactive contamination in the air, in materials, or on surfaces. The energy released by the radioactive material’s decay, depending on the exposure level, may be hazardous to health. Passengers in a contaminated vehicle may be exposed internally through inhaled contaminated air or externally through skin contact, particularly if the car’s air conditioning system is polluted.
- Make the Kenya Revenue Authority the prescribed fee payment. The age, kind, and condition of the vehicle can all affect the certificate’s cost, which is not set in stone. A licensed vehicle tester is available for a quote request.
- Fill out the Kenya Bureau of Standards Application for Road Worthiness Certification. The tester will provide a rejection report for any item that doesn’t match the specifications. You will have seven days to fix or swap out the rejected items and have them inspected once more. A thorough examination is therefore necessary if more than seven days have passed.
- Valid Vehicle License
- Valid Insurance Policy
You must possess a vehicle in Kenya and take into account the following in order to be qualified.
The Maximum Age The car must have been registered no more than eight years ago.
There must be a greater than one-year gap between the year of manufacturing and the year of first registration.
The Impulse Right-hand drive (RHD) will be used for this.
Road-suitability. Compliance with the standard’s standards will be used to determine this.
The cost Varies but you should contact the relevant testing station for computation.The Certificate has a six-month to a year validity period.On the same day, the application is processed.You have to sign up in person.
- Full name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- information on Odometer
- information on Radioactive contamination
- Valid identity proof
- The Customs Value (CIF Value)
- The Engine Size
- The date of Manufacturing the Car .
Through designated inspection companies in Japan, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, and the Republic of South Africa, Kenya Bureau of Standards provides pre-export inspection of used vehicles to ascertain compliance to the requirements of KS 1515:2000 – Kenya Standard Code of Practice for Inspection of Road Vehicles.
Legal Notice 78 of July 15, 2005, mandates this mandatory inspection, and importers of used cars from the aforementioned nations must show that their vehicles comply with the norm before shipping.
In order to increase the efficiency of the inspection service KEBS has signed contracts with competent companies to offer the service on KEBS behalf for a period of three years. The purpose of the inspection is to ensure vehicles imported into the country are road worthy and that the country is not used as a dumping ground for unsafe vehicles.
Before you register your car in your names, it needs to be certified as roadworthy. Every year, before renewing your driver’s license, you must have your car checked for road worthiness if it is a heavy-load (buses excepted) or used for public transportation. Every six months, a bus has to be put through a road worthiness examination.
When selling a car, reregistering a secondhand car, or in some situations, clearing a vehicle defect all need a Certificate of Road Worthiness. Only authorized car testers are able to issue them.