HappyMod is a brand-new type of Android app store, offering more than 30,000 modified apps and games, all for free. Now that you are stuck at home due to the Coronavirus lockdown, its time to try this new app. Read on for more details.
To get HappyMod on your Android device, simply follow the steps below to install the APK file:
- Launch Android Settings and go to Security
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Now you can download the HappyMod APK file onto your device
- Open your Downloads folder and tap on the .apk file
- When the download is finished, the HappyMod icon will be added to your home screen
How to Use HappyMod
HappyMod is quite simple to use and is similar to the official app store. Choose a category, tap on any app, or game you want and tap on Install – when it is done, the icon will be on your home screen.
These are some of the top features of HappyMod:
- Modified Games – thousands of modified games
- Safe – all apps are virus-checked before being uploaded to the store
- Fast – lightning-fast download speeds
- Support for several languages – including English, Romanian, Italian, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Thai, and many more
- Stop/Start – pause and resume downloads as you want
On top of that, HappyMod is free, and you do not need to root your device.
Common HappyMod Errors
A couple of common errors have been reported with HappyMod, but they are not difficult to fix:
Parsing the Package Error
The APK parser relies on coding to be correct, in particular a string of characters, symbols, and digits, and if this string is wrong for some reason, the error is thrown. This could happen for a few reasons – incomplete download, corrupt file, incompatibility with your device or firmware version, and so on. There are four ways you can try to fix this:
Method 1: Check the Manifested APK File
The manifested file is one that you may have changed if you customized the app, perhaps by removing ads. If you did, you could try this:
- Find the HappyMod APK file on your Android device and open it
- Locate a file named andriomanifest.xml and open it
- Reset it to default – the error should be cleared.
Method 2: USB Debugging
- Launch your Settings app and tap on About Device
- Find Build Number and tap it seven times consecutively – you should get a popup message saying, “You are now a developer.”
- Go back to Settings and tap Developer Options
- Find and enable USB Debugging – reinstall HappyMod, and it should work
Method 3: Corrupted File
If you downloaded a corrupted file, the only thing you can do is delete it and start again. Make sure you use the official download link as the file has been checked.
HappyMod Is Not Installed
There could be a few reasons why the app store did not install and, to fix it, you should start with method one and go through until one fixes it on your device:
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Open Settings and go to Apps (or App Manager)
- Tap on System and then Package Installer
- Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache – Android 6.0 Marshmallow users will find these in Storage
- Try again, and HappyMod should work
Method 2: Enable Unknown Sources
This should be done before you install third-party apps:
- Open Settings and go to Security
- Tap on Unknown Sources to enable it
- If HappyMod still does not work, delete it and reinstall it, making sure Unknown Sources is still enabled
Method 3: For Rooted Devices
- Using your browser, find and download a root explorer app
- Open it and copy the APK and then go to System>App
- Ensure the app permissions are enabled – HappyMod should work
Method 4: Clear Space
You can also try clearing space on your device by uninstalling unused apps, deleting files you no longer need, and moving your media files to an external source, such as the cloud. You should also make sure you are not trying to install it on your SD card as the package installer may not be able to read the file.
Try HappyMod today; you may never go back to the official app store.