Apple iCloud is excellent for device backup and syncing documents, photos, and videos across your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and even PC. If you run out of iCloud storage space, you can easily upgrade for a monthly subscription fee.
How to Upgrade iCloud Storage on an iPhone or iPad
To upgrade your iCloud storage on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app.
- At the top of the screen, tap [Your Name]. If you don’t see it, tap Sign In and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Navigate to iCloud and select Manage Storage. You can see a breakdown of your iCloud storage and how it’s being used on this page.
- Tap the Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan buttons.
- Choose the plan to which you want to upgrade and then tap Buy in the top-right corner. Then, to confirm payment, enter your Apple ID information.
- To upgrade your iCloud storage on a Mac, open System Preferences and sign in to iCloud (if you haven’t already). Then select “Apple ID.”
- navigate to Apple ID > iCloud. Otherwise, simply select iCloud.
- Click Manage next to the iCloud storage chart at the bottom.
- Then, in the top-right corner of the new window, click Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose the iCloud storage plan you want to upgrade to, then click Next, enter your Apple ID password, and finally click Buy.
How to Upgrade iCloud Storage on a Windows PC
To upgrade your iCloud storage on a Windows PC, you must first install iCloud for Windows. You can also use this app in Windows to access your iCloud photos and files.
Here’s how to upgrade your iCloud storage on a Windows PC:
- Navigate to iCloud for Windows.
- Click Storage next to the iCloud storage chart at the bottom.
- Click the Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan buttons.
- Choose the plan to which you want to upgrade and then click Next.
- Finally, enter your Apple ID information and click Buy to confirm the purchase.
After you confirm payment, your iCloud storage is upgraded immediately. Unless you cancel your subscription.