Mshwari is the result of a collaboration between NCBA bank and Safaricom.
The Mshwari loan service provides loan limits ranging from Ksh100 to Ksh50,000 for 30 days.
Mshwari loans are available through the Sim Toolkit menu, my Safaricom app, and the Ussd code *334#.
Check the balance of your Mshwari loan.
- Using Sim Toolkit
- Navigate to the Sim Toolkit menu.
- Select ‘Safaricom,’ then ‘Mpesa,’ and finally ‘Loans and Savings.’
- Choose ‘Mshwari,’ then ‘Loan,’ and finally ‘Loan Balance.’
- Continue by entering your Mpesa PIN.
- Your Mshwari loan balance will be sent to you via SMS.
Using the My Safaricom App
- Download, install, and sign up for the My Safaricom app.
- Go to ‘Mpesa ‘tab, then to ‘Loans & Savings ‘\s
- Next, tap on ‘Mshwari ‘followed by ‘Loan ‘to view your Mshwari loan balance.
Via Ussd Code
- *334# is the USSD code.
- Choose option 4: ‘Loans & Savings.’
- Then choose option 2: ‘Mshwari.’
- Finally, choose option 4: ‘Check balance.’
- To proceed, enter your Mpesa PIN and have your Mshwari balance sent to you via SMS message.