Download the new Microsoft Photos app right away!
If you follow tech news regularly, you may be aware that Microsoft teased its new Windows 11 Photos app a few weeks ago. The new Windows 11 Photos app has a new user interface and improved functionality.
Although Microsoft has begun to roll out the new Photos app to Windows 11 Insiders, if you have just installed the most recent version of Windows 11, you may not see the new Photos app UI.
Ways to Get the New Windows 11 Photos App
We’ll go over the two best ways to get the new Windows 11 Photos app on your PC in this article. The methods will be very simple. Simply follow the simple steps outlined below.
1. Download and install the Photos app from the Microsoft Store.
We’ll update the Photos app directly from the Microsoft Store using this method. Please keep in mind, however, that the update is not available to everyone. So, if you are unable to update the Photos app, you must use the second method.
- To begin, launch Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 PC. Now, click the three dots and select ‘Downloads & Updates.’
- Then, as shown in the screenshot below, click on the ‘Get updates’ button.
- Now, select Microsoft Photos and install the update.
That’s all! You have completed your task. Following the update, you will notice a new and cleaner UI for Microsoft Photos.
2. Get and install the Windows 11 Photos app.
Gustave Monce, a developer, has managed to extract the app package’s link from the Microsoft Store. The extracted link, however, no longer works, but the developers at Deskmodder have mirrored the file. As a result, you can get the app from the Mirrored link.
- First, get the Microsoft Photos app package from HiDrive.
- Now, double-click the installation file and select the ‘Install’ option. If you have Microsoft Photos already installed, click the ‘Update‘ button.
- When the installation is finished, click the ‘Launch’ button to launch the redesigned Photos app.
That’s all! You have completed your task. This is how you can get the new Windows 11 Photos app right now on your PC.
Features of Windows 11 Photos App
- The first and most noticeable feature would be the rounded corners. The new Photos app has nice rounded corners.
- The second thing you’ll notice is that there are separate menus for Categories, Collections, Albums, People, Folders, and Video Editor.
- When you open an image in Microsoft Photos, a new floating toolbar appears. The floating toolbar will give you quick access to controls.